Deadline: 2 June 2021
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist, Gender Based Violence in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist, Gender Based Violence will perform the following functions:
- Ensure efficient and successful management of the gender and human rights components of the UNFPA/ASRO regional program
- Successful planning, implementation, management and monitoring of the gender and human rights components of the regional program under the supervision of the Gender, Human Rights and Culture (GHRC) Advisor and guidance of the Deputy Regional Director.
- Ensure provision of support to implementation of the harmful traditional practices (HTP) component at the regional level in both development and humanitarian settings
- Coordinate UNFPA/ASRO efforts in launching campaigns to end harmful practices (Female genital mutilation and child marriage) together with the program analyst.
- Ensure provision of support and contribution to the overall work of the regional office and country offices
- Provide analysis and feedback to incoming documents, draft statements, talking points.
- Effectively supervise and manage a small team within the Gender, Human rights and culture Unit
- Under the overall guidance of the regional advisor, the incumbent manages and supervises a team of three staff members including two analysts and a program associate.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in international development, gender studies, human rights, public health, international relations or other related fields.
- At least 5 year’s increasingly responsible and demonstrable professional experience in development work.
- Substantive knowledge and proven practical experience in programming on cross cutting issues, sexual and reproductive health, and gender programming.
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of Arabic is highly desirable, knowledge of French is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.