Deadline: 16 August 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Technology Officer in Cairo, Egypt.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Regional Technology Officer will perform the following functions:
- Strategically engage with the Country Offices in RBC to contribute to the development of IT strategies, ensuring that operational realities of the service, country or region inform planning.
- Lead the design and implementation of IT plans, policies and processes to meet local objectives and support WFP strategic goals.
- Lead the management of major IT/TC systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues; and ensuring users to get maximum benefits from them.
- Maintain technical expertise and knowledge of external industry developments to provide leadership in specific technical areas of competence.
- Lead and motivate a large and diverse team of IT Officers, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance and customer-centric focus.
- Ensure the development of staff capability in IT/TC across the region by leading the design and setting the standards for training policies and programmes.
- Identify and build relationships with other UN agencies to align activities, conduct vendor negotiations, and maximise possibilities of future inter-agency collaborations.
- Serve as an effective spokesperson; identify and form partnerships with colleagues and partner organizations, to enable information exchange, and help meet WFP’s service requirements.
- Represent WFP at UN/international meetings and conferences, to gather and share best practice to improve IT/TC service delivery.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Highly desirable fluency in Arabic.
- 11 year’s within an IT function leading multifaceted IT operations including ITIL/ITSM/customers services,
- MSPs, IT architecture, infrastructure and technology management;
- Exposure to digital transformation, data management/protection and cyber security projects would be a strong asset.
- Leadership in the development of IT governance strategies, policies and system architecture.
- Development and assistance of strategic IT plans at a HQ and field level.
- Articulated leadership and management skills to lead, train, mentor and coach a highly effective team, also in complex situations.
- Proven project and programme management skills with excellent knowledge of change management;
- Resources management for the planning, development and delivery of complex information and communications systems services (including data, voice, text, audio and images).
- Extra knowledge of any third official UN language: Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.