Deadline: 14 August 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Security Operations Support Officer in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Security Operations Support Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to the security and safety contingency and continuity planning for the office supporting the standardization and implementation of plans and that emergency systems are regularly tested for WFP facilities in-country.
- Liaise with United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) and the in-country security management apparatus and attend security operations management meetings, to ensure WFP management and staff are fully briefed on security matters in RB/CO Area.
- Conjunction with WFP Field Security Division, provide operational support to the Country, Area and Field Offices for achievement of SRM demands and RSM compliance.
- Responsible for all facilities access control measures and procedures to ensure safety and security of WFP staff and visitors in line with UNSMS best practices.
- Provide support to the management of security budget including procurement planning to facilitate efficient and cost-effective resources management.
- Responsible for management of security equipment to ensure it is issued correctly, is in serviceable condition and is in compliance with the established security standards.
- Maintain liaison with Human Resources Unit regarding a number of security staffing matters (e.g. recruitment, contract management, capacity building), to ensure compliance with th established WFP policies and procedures.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Security Management, International Relations or Law Enforcement or other relevant field, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Diploma obtained from Military/Police Academy with qualifying relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the First University Degree.
- 10 year’s or more progressively responsible professional experience in security management (relevant military, police or corporate) and/or security risk management with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
- Experience in managing junior support staff.
- Ability to assimilate a range of information and make basic analyses to support the development of efficient solutions.
- Good communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.