Deadline: 27 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply Assistant in Cairo, Egypt.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Assistant will perform the following functions:
- In-country logistics:
- Provide input on the logistics component of the supply plan, by advising on infrastructure constraints (e.g. customs clearance, port capacity) as well as negotiate with Airport/Port/Shipping Line for waiver of demurrage/detention charges.
- Warehousing and inventory management:
- Assess new warehouse facilities when required to ensure accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are in place.
- Alternative delivery mechanisms and procurement services:
- Ensure continuous availability of data related to procurement.
- Support assessment of and collaboration with implementing partners.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or University courses related to supply chain, business administration, contract/commercial law, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant administrative experience in supply chain management or a commercial context is required.
- Understanding of development and humanitarian work is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.