Deadline: 29 November 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Participate in the preparation of technical documents, papers and reports as required by the Chef de Cabinet.
- Propose, coordinate, develop and implement analytical methods/tools and metrics to support the monitoring and evaluation of strategic technical initiatives.
- Liaise with divisional directors and Heads of WHO Country Offices as well as external experts and partners, as required, to obtain relevant technical information and communicate, as necessary, with regard to technical initiatives from the Regional Director’s Office (RDO).
- Support the Chef de Cabinet in the negotiation and implementation of technical cooperation projects and coordinate the organization and preparation of technical meetings conducted by the RDO.
- Review and analyze progress on technical matters, elaboration and implementation of inter-programmatic and inter-sectoral activities for the priority areas of work in the RDO.
- Act as a reference point for technical work being performed at the RDO, including organizing technical projects and following them through to their completion.
- Attend meetings with the Regional Director and the Chef de Cabinet, prepare minutes or reports on such meetings and follow up on the implementation of delegated actions and initiatives.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Public Health or Health Related Sciences
- Master’s Degree in public health or health related sciences.
- At least 5 years’ experience in public health with specific focus on healthy policy, strategic management and planning, and monitoring and evaluation of public health programmes.
- Experience in strategic management principles and practices.
- At least three years’ experience within the United Nations System and working with the international partners.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
- Intermediate knowledge of Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.