Deadline: 1 October 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Systematically collect and analyze process, output and outcome data in EMR on mass casualties and trauma.
- Review and update the WHO portable learning laboratory across the EMR.
Support the overall process of delivering the program, either through virtual means or through direct delivery, including liaison with instructors.
- Ensure adequate follow-up and monitoring to assess and improve the impact of programs and related activities.
- Document these findings in order to be published in peer reviewed journals.
- Liaise and coordinate communication with relevant local counterparts and service providers, including academic/teaching institutions, and recommend sustainable options to facilitate lifelong learning and scalability in-country.
- Contribute to the development of an expert knowledge community that will support sharing of lessons learnt and experiences across countries in the EMR.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in medicine, related health sciences, social sciences, education/adult education or other field related to this position.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or above) in trauma sciences or related health sciences.
- At least 2 year’s professional experience in project management documenting requirements and seeing them transformed into successful deliverables.
- Experience in designing and conducting literature reviews, and qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience in applying agile project management approaches. International exposure in public health.
- Knowledge of a wide range of research methods applied in low and middle income countries.
- Expert knowledge of English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.