Deadline: 10 August 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Young Health Program Coordinator in Maadi, Egypt.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Young Health Program Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Advocating with national partners such as the MOH, Ministry of Education, etc. for an enabling policy environment which supports NCD prevention and promotes broader adolescent health.
- Provide programme partners with clear guidance core approaches holistic programming, right based approach, leverage learning and existing programmes and relationships, and partnership building.
- Responsible for application of peer education model to obtain clear and correct information on issues of NCDs, as well as integrate cross-cutting issues such as gender equality, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), mental health into programme activities.
- Provide technical consultation as requested and guiding local partners during the process of planning, implementing, M&E and reporting programme activities.
- Responsible for monitoring the progress in positive changes of young people practice fewer risk behaviours due to increased knowledge and capacity.
- Responsible for fully implementing all the programme activities at national level (including baseline, mid-line and end-line evaluations, cross learning and sharing).
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (development studies, project management, public health, social sciences, M&E, or any other relevant qualification).
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- At least 3 year’s experience in programme management or implementation, a focus on gender or child protection.
- Minimum 4 year’s in demonstrated competency in providing management level support.
- Experience in managing health programs and be familiar with writing reports and managing budgets for medium to large scale multi-year health projects.
- Experience working with and preferably have contacts with the government, particularly the MOH, MOE, and other relevant networks/alliances.
- Demonstrate knowledge of international development tools: program logic, monitoring, and community empowerment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of gender approach, gender-based violence, child rights and inclusion.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.