Deadline: 12 May 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Environment Officer in India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Environment Officer will perform the following functions-
- Assist in providing environmental review and technical support to project officers, including participation in review mission as environment expert, to enhance project quality and safeguard compliance in public sector and private sector operations in India.
- Assist in undertaking analytical reviews, and data compilation/management on environmental aspects of ADB operations in India.
- Assist in undertaking reviews on environmental monitoring reports for ongoing projects in India.
- Assist in conducting awareness training programs on environmental management and safeguards for the Resident Mission (RM) staff, executing agencies, and other concerned parties.
- Participate in TA/ loan processing missions to assist/ conduct initial environment examination (IEE) and environment impact assessment (EIA).
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental sciences, and/or Environmental Management, or related fields, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 6 year’s of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in ADB or World Bank-funded projects is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of policy and regulatory framework for environmental management in India, and environmental standards and good practices.
- Sound working knowledge in ecology and biodiversity conservation related areas would be an added advantage.
- Ability to research, analyze and check data from external and internal sources, reconcile or explain inconsistencies and perform statistical calculations.
- Proficiency in database management method.
- High level of proficiency in use of the Internet and standard ADB computer applications.
- Awareness of ADB’s environmental safeguards policies and sound knowledge in wide range of areas including project processing, administration, accounting and general administration.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.