Deadline: 8 June 2018
Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Environmental Affairs Officer in Incheon, South Korea.
ESCAP is committed to a resilient Asia and the Pacific founded on shared prosperity, social equity and sustainability.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Environmental Affairs Officer will perform the following functions-
- Work with key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, addressing Subregional environmental challenges including the North-East Asian Subregional/ Programme for Environmental Cooperation; monitors and analyzes specific aspects of programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties including governments, civil society and the private sectors; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Carry out basic research on selected aspects of programmes relating to Subregional environmental cooperation, and other activities, etc., to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
- Provide substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends in environmental affairs and sustainable development in the subregion, participation in evaluations or research activities and studies.
- Assist in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in environment related studies including natural science, natural resource management, environmental policy, environmental economics or related field.
- A relevant first-level university degree in the above fields in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in environmental policies, environmental management or related area is required.
- Experience in the area of environmental affairs at national and/or international level is desirable.
- Experience within the United Nations Common System or International Organization is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ESCAP.