Deadline: 31 May 2017
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Board Liaison Specialist in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Board Liaison Specialist will be responsible of supporting the Secretary to the Board in coordinating Board related work, including the organization of Board meetings.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Board Liaison Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate the preparation of informal and formal Board meeting, including organizational, logistical and substantive aspect.
- Manage cross-divisional coordination effort required for servicing Board meeting and for providing substantive input as required.
- Manage the timely dispatch of notification and relevant notes to Board member, alternate member, advisor and observer.
- Follow up the implementation of Board adopted policy and mandate considering the Secretariat capacity to deliver.
- Guide the development of summarie and analytical materials on key agenda item, in support of the Secretariat work and to be used for different purpose as required.
- Support communication with the Board Co-Chair and their team, including via teleconference and in person meeting.
- Perform technical mission to host country for Board meeting held outside of Songdo.
- Manage rounds of application for accreditation as observer organization to the GCF.
- Coordinate the relationship with active observer, including participation in meeting and provision of relevant documentation.
- Other related duty as required.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in international relations, political science, environmental studies, sustainable development, social sciences, legal studies or related fields.
- Minimum 9 years of relevant work experience, including professional background in managing multilateral processes, assisting decision making bodies and organizing policy events.
- Proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position.
- knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.