Deadline: 20 January 2020
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Conservation Programme Project Officer in Belgrade, Serbia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Conservation Programme Project Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support the development and implementation of the IUCN’s Programme in Eastern Europe, North and Central Asia with specific emphasis on the Valuing and Conserving Nature Programme Area.
- Contribute to the IUCN ECARO Valuing and Conserving Nature Programme project portfolio through development, implementation and monitoring of projects.
- Assist in identification of programme priorities and project development opportunities.
- Actively build and maintain relationship with IUCN constituents, donors, partners and expert networks in identifying fund raising and project development opportunities.
- Coordinate and manage projects under the IUCN ECARO Valuing and Conserving Nature Programme Area, with a particular focus on protected and conserved areas governance and management.
- Ensure high quality project planning and reporting, including preparing and monitoring work plans, budgets, and technical reports.
- Prepare partnership and service contracts under projects while ensuring that all donor-related and IUCN administrative requirements and protocols are observed.
- Oversee timely and quality delivery of projects outputs and outcomes and ensure the long-term impact of project activities.
- Assist in developing project proposals and identifying funding opportunities relative to protected and conserved areas in Eastern Europe, North and Central Asia.
- Collaborate with relevant staff on project-related communications including writing, editing and helping with web stories, fact sheets, publications and other knowledge and communications material.
- Represent IUCN ECARO at events and meetings relevant for the programme area and project portfolio.
- Support IUCN ECARO day-to-day operations, including logistical services and organization of meetings and events.
- Carry out other relevant tasks on request and agreement with the line manager.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- B.Sc Degree (or higher) in environmental sciences.
- At least 5 year’s of experience in a relevant position.
- Experience in the development and management of all phases of the project management cycle.
- Good knowledge of IUCN global standards on protected and conserved areas.
- Good knowledge of global and regional nature conservation policy, with specific emphasis on protected areas.
- Proven leadership skills, ability to work under pressure and within multi-national environment and different cultures.
- Experience in managing institutional relationships and support to multi-stakeholder initiatives.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of other languages spoken in the region is an asset.
- Ability to cope with varied workload and flexible working hours
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit IUCN.