Deadline: 11 June 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director, Programme Management in Nairobi, Kenya.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Director, Programme Management will perform the following functions-
- Lead the formulation of corporate strategy and policy related to the organization’s strategic objectives and programmes, including Medium Term Strategy and Programme of Work, liaising with Member States, partners and other stakeholders as appropriate, ensuring that relevant programme strategies and related instruments are developed in a coherent and cohesive fashion, are of the highest quality and in line with priorities approved by Member States.
- Coordinate the integration of UNEP’s activities across Divisions, Regional Offices and environmental conventions, as appropriate.
- Coordinate the periodic review and reporting of corporate performance against the strategic objectives, as well as the formulation of strategic performance indicators and targets and their measurement.
- Lead UNEP’s efforts to promote a culture of results including by enhancing UNEP’s reporting and communication on results as well as by increasing the use of data; lead’s UNEP’s efforts to strengthen results-based management.
- Develop capacity in the various operational units of the organization: establishing and communicating quality standards, and providing advisory services related to project design, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Provide guidance to the Project Review Committee secretariat that reviews project concepts and documents and provides guidance on how they can align to corporate goals.
- Contribute to UNEP’s corporate decision making and the Senior Management Team’s policy and strategic discussions.
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation of policy analyses, formulation, contributions, in collaboration with the Executive Office, the relevant Divisions, Chief Scientist and UN entities as appropriate.
- Oversee the formulation of overall strategies and policies by participating in various committees, preparing documents on policy issues, and acting as required in an advisory capacity to the Executive Director.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent degree) in Political Science, International Relations, Development, Economics, Environmental Management, or other relevant fields is required.
- First Level University Degree in the specified fields of studies in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- More than 15 year’s of progressively responsible experience in the field of political affairs, international relations, policy analysis and formulation on global political, development or environmental issues, environmental management, development, programme management or related area is required.
- Experience in managing programmes with global partners and stakeholders is required.
- Experience within the international environment governance system is required.
- 10 year’s of experience in a senior management leadership position at an international and/or multicultural organizations is required.
- Experience in politically complex environment is desirable.
- Experience in public and governmental institutions is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of French or any other official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.