Deadline: 15 December 2019
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Ecosystem Programme Officer in Malaga, Spain. The duration of tihs post is 30 months.
The Ecosystem Programme Officer will be responsible for the implementation of IUCN Med’s activities in DestiMED PLUS Project, in particular the coordination of the communication and transferring work packages.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Ecosystem Programme Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Coordinate the Communication Work package (WP2) of DestiMED Plus project, under the supervision of the project coordinator.
- Coordinate the Transferring Work Package (WP4) of DestiMED Plus project, under the supervision of the project coordinator.
- Plan and coordinate the contracting of consultant support when needed.
- Support the Project Coordinator in the implementation of the activities of the Testing Work Package (WP3), in particular around the conceptualization of the standard and indicators of governance and environmental component and the dissemination and organization of the Testing phase.
- Support the contracting of consultant support when requested.
- Support the Project Coordinator in the implementation of the activities expected in the Coordination Work package (WP1) and in the capitalization one (WP5), in particular ensuring technical and administrative reporting is provided.
- Implement, with support from the Projects coordinator, the coordination activities expected for the Morocco PA project and Tunisia one, in particular, coordination of consultants, communication activities, reporting and liaising with the donors.
- Support the activities of MEET Network, in particular, communication and community building ones, making sure the members of the network are up to date with the activities being implemented by the Secretariat and actively participating.
- Support the relationship with MEET Network Board and Commercial partner.
- Participate in all the project steering committees and networking events as expected by the project as well as any other key meeting related to the topic of PAs and/or tourism.
- Provide strategic input and support for the activities of positioning or exploring additional funding for tourism-related lines.
- Support other ongoing initiatives of the Ecosystem department in the creation, delivery and dissemination of key messages and dissemination of the department’s activities.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Graduate degree (Master’s Degree) in journalism, social/environmental communication, communication sciences, marketing or a similar field or Graduate degree in environmental sciences, biology or similar.
- At 5 years proven experience in Project Management of multi partner international projects is required, previous experience with EU funding and, especially, Interreg MED programme will be an asset.
- Proven experience in administrative management, procurement and reporting of complex projects.
- Experience with Interreg MED programme will be an asset.
- Experience in managing and coordinating thematic working groups of several partners at project level, including trainings and capacity buiding.
- Knowledge of Protected Areas, in particular concerning policy, governance and permitted uses within the PAs.
- Knowledge of the Mediterranean specificites and tourism use in PAs will be an asset.
- Familiarity with the international tourism sector, ecotourism and/or sustainable tourism in particular. The existence of a network of contacts in the sector will be a strong asset.
- Professional knowledge of English (written and spoken) is required.
- Knowledge of French will be highly considered.
- Knowledge of any other major language of the basin will be an asset (Spanish, Arabic, Italian,..).
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal tactfully with sensitive political issues.
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity to gender issues.
- Proven skills in writing, problem solving, creativity, collaboration and willingness to innovate.
- Good skills in word processing, spreadsheet and computer skills.
- Willingness to travel frequently in the region.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit IUCN.