Deadline: 30 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Energy and Environment Coordinator in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Energy and Environment Coordinator will be responsible for the management of environment and energy projects that lead to environmental conservation and increased access to sustainable and environmentally friendly energy for refugees and host communities.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Energy and Environment Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Lead, coordinate and facilitate NRC’s environment and sustainable energy interventions in both the refugee and host community settlements in Ethiopia.
- Take part in the preparation of annual, quarterly, monthly work plans along with budgets and closely ensure that all energy related project activities are implemented within their approved budget.
- Facilitate relations between NRC, the target communities, and local authorities, taking particular care to consider girls and women’s specific needs within the environment and energy programing.
- Ensure effective coordination and synergy of NRC’s environment and sustainable energy interventions with similar activities of other agencies and actors in the country.
- Participate in energy and environment sector coordination meetings.
- Ensure strict adherence to international humanitarian standards (CHS, Sphere minimum standard, etc.) at all stages of the project cycle.
- Develop clear M&E plan for the environment and energy interventions.
- Participate and play a leading role in periodic monitoring of the environment and energy programs and generate timely and quality reports.
- Undertake regular supervision and monitoring visits to project sites.
- Lead in identification of environmental assets and threats related to NRCs response in humanitarian crises and establish measures to minimize environmental impacts.
- Liaise with other sectors (shelter, WASH, livelihoods, education, etc.) with a view to minimizing environmental impacts associated with projects and activities initiated under them.
- Where necessary and possible, initiate environmental projects to rehabilitate degraded environments and generate a sense of responsibility among refugee and host communities.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- First Degree or equivalent in Renewable Energy, Energy studies, Natural Resources Management, Environmental studies, electrical engineering, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 2 year’s working experience in a field related to sustainable energy solutions (bio energy, solar energy, natural resource management, and similar) preferably in rural/refugee hosting areas.
- Knowledge of energy policies, technologies, or strategies, and institutions, and the ability to contribute to policy dialogue with clients and partners.
- Evidence of design and management of complex renewable energy projects, with preparation of BOQ, generation of work plans, budget documentations, progress reports and deadlines compliance.
- Experience in dealing with donors, local and international organizations and the private sector.
- Previous experience/understanding of working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Minimum 2 year’s of program/project management experience.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.