Deadline: 21 October 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Environment and Social Specialist in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Environment and Social Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Development and implementation of a training strategy for investment staff, advisory staff and E&S staff in collaboration with the knowledge and learning teams in CEG and IFC’s credit departments.
- Development and implementation of an accreditation strategy for E&S staff in coordination with CES Risk Officers and CEG Management.
- Coordination with CES Risk Officers and Grievance Team and with CEG in maintaining and implementing a pipeline of knowledge products (guidance and tools) to support effective E&S risk management by IFC staff as well as external stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- Graduate/advanced degree in environment, social or related discipline; certification in learning and training preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience, including applied private sector experience in E&S risk management, investment and sustainable investment policies; and designing and delivering training and knowledge products on good practice in E&S risk management and/or assurance, including instructional design experience.
- Experience with designing professional accreditation and evaluation schemes preferred.
- A passion for teaching, training and knowledge transfer of E&S issues and practices.
- International experience required with experience in developing countries preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel to developing countries.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to deliver presentations and training programs to a varied spectrum of staff across the organization.
- Ability to identify and adapt learning and training methods to effectively transfer knowledge to meet the specific needs of different groups and situations.
- Strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills and ability to collaborate with and relate to other learning teams, subject-matter experts and trainers to effectively develop and deliver learning programs and products.
- Exemplary project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate ideas, learning and training needs in spoken and written English is essential.
- Additional language skills are advantageous.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team, influence and negotiate point of view within teams, superior mentoring skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.