Deadline: 21 October 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Environment and Social Specialist in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Environment and Social Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Development and implementation of a training strategy for investment staff, advisory staff and E&S staff in collaboration with the knowledge and learning teams in CEG and IFC’s credit departments.
- Development and implementation of an accreditation strategy for E&S staff in coordination with CES Risk Officers and CEG Management.
- Coordination with CES Risk Officers and Grievance Team and with CEG in maintaining and implementing a pipeline of knowledge products (guidance and tools) to support effective E&S risk management by IFC staff as well as external stakeholders.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Graduate/advanced degree in environment, social or related discipline; certification in learning and training preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience, including applied private sector experience in E&S risk management, investment and sustainable investment policies; and designing and delivering training and knowledge products on good practice in E&S risk management and/or assurance, including instructional design experience.
- Experience with designing professional accreditation and evaluation schemes preferred.
- A passion for teaching, training and knowledge transfer of E&S issues and practices.
- International experience required with experience in developing countries preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel to developing countries.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to deliver presentations and training programs to a varied spectrum of staff across the organization.
- Ability to identify and adapt learning and training methods to effectively transfer knowledge to meet the specific needs of different groups and situations.
- Strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills and ability to collaborate with and relate to other learning teams, subject-matter experts and trainers to effectively develop and deliver learning programs and products.
- Exemplary project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate ideas, learning and training needs in spoken and written English is essential.
- Additional language skills are advantageous.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team, influence and negotiate point of view within teams, superior mentoring skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.