Deadline: 19 June 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Environment Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Environment Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Review and finalize environment assessments other related reports such as Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Initial Environmental Examination (IEE), Environmental Assessment and Review Frameworks (EARF), Environmental Due Diligence (EDD) reports as required to support loan and TA operations.
- Review and finalize environmental assessment reports as required for projects being processed and ensure they comply with ADB’s SPS.
- Provide support in environment safeguards and climate change aspects of loans and TAs in coordination with project mission leaders.
- Task related on environmental safeguards are: environment categorization, preparation of environmental assessment reports (as stated above) and environment safeguard sections for documents such as RRP, PAM/FAM, loan agreement, TA paper in a timely manner required for the successful approval of new projects.
- Tasks related to climate change are: preparation of climate risk and vulnerability assessment (CRVA), estimation of climate adaptation costs, estimation of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions or savings.
- Prepare climate change inputs for the RRP, PAM/FAM, EARF, TA paper and loan agreement as necessary.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for high technologies, and to address environment safeguard issues and enhance addressing climate change impacts during the project identification, project design, loan processing and project implementation phases of the project cycle.
- Contribute to the preparation of a framework and work plan for the Division to ensure that appropriate resources and capacity are deployed to effectively cover environmental safeguards and climate change in project’s preparation and implementation.
- Track and monitoring of safeguards policy compliance of Division’s ongoing projects.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff and consultants to ensure quality and timeliness of outputs.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Science, Environmental Science/Management/Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in Science, Environmental Science/Management/Engineering or other related specialized fields is preferred.
- Minimum 6 year’s of relevant professional experience in environmental work including at least 5 year’s international project experience.
- Broad experience in environmental management and assessment of complex/sensitive projects, including climate change adaptation issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated experience with corporate coordination and communications.
- Demonstrated experience in building effective external partnerships, knowledge dissemination and communication.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.