Deadline: 28 January 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Environment Statistics Specialist in Maseru, Lesotho. The duration of this post is 4 months.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Environment Statistics Specialist will perform the following functions-
- An inception report.
- A comprehensive recommended organizational structure relative to the production of environmental statistics, clearly reflecting linkages with various players in the ecosystem and capacity building plan.
- Environment Statistics Production Methodology and Design for Lesotho aligned to best international practices and Framework for the Development of Environment Statistics (FDES).
- Data collection Instruments; analysis plan and tabulation plan.
- Recommended Environment Statistics report outline.
- Value chain statistical framework especially focused on Biodiversity, Air and Climate Change and Solid Waste statistics.
- A document that will be used as Strategy for the Development of Environment Statistics in Lesotho for the years 2019-2024.
- Provide technical assistance on data processing, data analysis and report writing.
Applicants must have-
- At least a recognized Master’s Degree in the fields of Environmental Statistics/Statistics/Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience preferably practical experience with Environmental Data analysis or related services.
- Prior experience in Environment data management, Survey Design and implementation preferably for National Statistics Offices.
- Proficiency in statistical packages.
- Understanding of the link between development frameworks and the indicators provided by environmental data.
- Prior experience in environmental assessments, state of environment reports (regionally or globally) and environmental compendia.
- Appreciation of SADC development context will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Framework for the Development of Environment Statistics;the System of Environment Economic Accounting (SEEA) indicators; Sustainable Development Agenda; Agenda 2063, and National Strategic Development Plan preferred.
- Fluency in English
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.