Deadline: 10 June 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Environmental Economist in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post 2 years.
The Environmental Economist will support the renewable natural resource management agenda, including forests/REDD+ and oceans, and support GOI activities, policies and capacity development to control deforestation and improve land management, as well as better enhance management of coastal and oceans resources.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Environmental Economist will perform the following functions-
- Conduct in-depth economic analysis of environmental and natural resource management issues in Indonesia.
- Conduct natural resource policy dialogue and manage effective communication with the government and other partners (NGOs, the private sector, international organizations, and more) in the Bank’s environment or natural resources portfolio, with a strong focus on forestry, fisheries, land use, climate change and resilience. This includes coordination with other financiers, and review of sector policies, strategies, and legislation.
- Support and/or possibly lead the development and implementation of environment or natural resources operations, technical assistance or analytical work, including participation in preparation and supervision missions.
- Develop a personal training program to stay on top of World Bank procedures, and environment and natural resources/climate change research and knowledge.
- Organize training or knowledge sharing events, and help the country office staff with various tasks specific to the management of the office.
- Provide and mobilize strategic technical assistance in support of client’s needs to improve capacity for landscape management and climate change, and fisheries/coastal zone management, from within and outside the Bank’s global network.
- Produce input for and present major/complex reports, including the supervision, coordination and quality control of consultant reports.
- Work independently under general direction of Sustainable Landscapes and Oceans MDTF TTL, and guide and mentor more junior staff.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing, dissemination and awareness raising activities with key clients.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree (PhD or Master’s) in environment or natural resource economics, public policy with economics courses or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 5 years of full-time relevant professional experience using economic principles and analytical skills to inform policy, program development, operations and partner engagement in the environment/natural resources field.
- Knowledge of environmental, land/natural resources management and related social issues, policies, data and institutions in Indonesia
- Experience in community development/empowerment, as well as prior policy engagement with key government counterparts and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent English and Indonesian (Bahasa) language skills (writing, speaking, listening and reading).
- Ability to work independently and with a team with limited supervision.
- Strong social, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively, including to rural and remote areas.
- Nationality of Indonesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.