Deadline: 05 December 2022
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Environmental & Social Safeguard Framework Officer in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Environmental & Social Safeguard Framework Officer will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate, support, coordinate and monitor environment and social safeguard measures at EIIP construction sites with emphasis on occupational safety and health and environmental standards.
- Monitor work conditions on EIIP project construction sites, ensuring adherence to labour laws and Decent Work principles. And provide guidance and recommendations to the engineers, social safeguard officers, contractors and implementing partners under the supervision and reporting lines of the EIIP managers.
- Regularly update and monitor the implementation of the Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) and assist the project team in implementing the Environmental & Social Commitment Plan (ESCP).
- Conduct weekly visits to project sites in coordination with the field staff and lead on completing regular monitoring and compliance checklists on site in close coordination with the M&E officer.
- Follow-up with contractors, EIIP field team on the development and implementation of the Occupational Safety and Health Plan, and support the SSOs in monitoring its implementation, identify risks in this regard and notify the EIIP managers, teams and contractors to appropriate remedial action.
- Support the project team in recording grievances of beneficiaries and in resolving the issues as well as documenting lessons learnt and recommend solutions for identified areas of concerns in close coordination with the M&E officer.
Applicants must have:
- First level university degree in Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Management, Social Sciences, or other similar field.
- Qualification in occupational safety and health would be a strong advantage.
- Minimum 2 year’s of work experience in relevant fields of work, relating to supervising and monitoring health and safety, environmental and social safeguards on construction sites.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.