Deadline: 11 November 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Environmental Specialist in Zagreb, Croatia. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Environment Specialist will work on ENB operations, analytical work, and environmental risk management.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Environmental Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Engage in environmental policy dialogue with Croatia’s government and other stakeholders, with a focus on pollution, management and transition to circular economy, nature protection and landscape productivity, blue economy development, environmental risk management, climate resilience and green growth.
- Contribute to or lead the development and implementation of ENB operations, technical assistance, or analytical work in Croatia and possibly other ECA countries.
- Participate as a team member or team leader in the development and/or supervision of implementation of environmental activities /components in multi-sectoral projects.
- Provide guidance and technical support for the screening of Bank projects for environmental impacts and vulnerabilities, assess an environment risk category/level, and identify risk management opportunities/strategies.
- Guide the borrower/project implementation agency in preparing the necessary ESF instruments and review them for quality.
- Monitor compliance of project-financed activities with safeguards policies or ESF, as appropriate.
- Contribute to analyzing and disseminating lessons learned and best practices from applying ESF in specific World Bank projects for knowledge and learning purposes.
- Keep abreast of research and development knowledge in the environment and natural resources sector.
- Coordinate and carry out other tasks as requested by the relevant Practice manager; for example, organizing training or knowledge sharing events.
- Represent ENB GP in relevant Bank-wide initiatives, represent the Bank in donor meetings on the environment, and promote knowledge generation and dissemination within the region and beyond.
- Contribute to activities and initiatives of the Zagreb office, as needed, raising profile of the environmental sustainability and climate change agendas within the office and the country.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in environmental policy, economics, science, natural resources management, environmental or civil engineering, or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as an environmental professional particularly in the field of pollution and/or natural resource management and /or climate change, including both sector-wide policy review and project-specific experience.
- Experience in environmental impact assessment will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of EU legislation, strategies and directives.
- Good analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse qualitative and quantitative environmentally-related data and information.
- Ability to manage and follow up on multiple work-streams simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with a range of stakeholders, including project -affected parties, government officials, non-governmental organizations / civil society, development partners as well as project investors.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Croatian skills are essential.
- Good team player who can work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, motivate and lead group efforts and network effectively across boundaries.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently within and outside Croatia is required.
- Nationality of Croatia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WBG.