Deadline: 25 May 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Environmental Specialist in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Environmental Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the broader work of ENB GP on improving environmental sustainability; and identifying and pursuing innovative approaches including contributing as part of task teams providing expert guidance and advice to borrowers / counterparts from project conceptualization, preparation of detailed project reports, development of implementation plans, appraisal, implementation and completion of projects related to (a) integrated management of coastal zone and marine areas, (b) conservation of coastal ecological resources, (c) coastal development including tourism, (d) fisheries management, and (e) pollution prevention and management.
- Work with task teams and providing expert guidance and advice to borrowers/counterparts from project identification to preparation, appraisal, implementation and completion to ensure that environmental issues are properly addressed, according to the Bank’s environmental policies and ESF, through project-specific environmental analysis and systemwide capacity building.
- Contribute to the broader work of ENB GP on improving environmental sustainability; and identifying and pursuing innovative approaches to enlarge the dialogue on blue economy (fisheries and coastal zone management in particular) with borrowers/counterparts.
- Contribute to relevant analytical work in the areas of blue economy (fisheries and coastal zone management in particular).
- Participate in portfolio reviews, analytical activities, and project preparation and implementation in the environment sector, as and when required in the areas of blue economy (fisheries and coastal zone management in particular).
- Collaborate with WBG staff across regions and across sector boundaries and seeking opportunities for knowledge sharing.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in environmental sciences/management or natural resources management (coastal zone management and fisheries in particular).
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant experience including, preferably, experience of working on preparation and/or implementation of projects/programs related to the areas of focus for this position: coastal zone management, fisheries management, environmental master plans, regional development programs, regional environmental analyses and carrying capacity analyses.
- Experience of work in projects/programs supported by multilateral financial institutions is desired.
- Knowledge and experience related to environmental impact assessment, management and stakeholder engagement in some of the key areas of economic activity with significant environmental implications.
- In-depth knowledge of the environmental regulatory and institutional framework in India and experience of working on capacity assessment and institutional strengthening for improved environmental management.
- Experience of working on strategic environmental plans/studies.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgments in a work environment with tight processing constraints, and proven record of good teamwork and delivering under pressure.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in both local language and English and inter-personal skills with appropriate level of office information technology skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.