Deadline: 1 December 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Environmental Specialist – Biodiversity in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Environmental Specialist – Biodiversity will perform the following functions:
- Work as part of the Global Support Team, assist in the due diligence of IFC’s proposed investments with respect to Performance Standard (PS) 6, Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Management of Living Natural resources through:
- screening projects for biodiversity risks;gathering and analyzing available information, such as client project documentation, to identify gaps against PS6.
- assisting in the identification and proposition of appropriate mitigation measures for biodiversity-specific risks and impacts.
- producing high-quality work products that clearly and logically frame biodiversity risk mitigation.
- identifying opportunities for value add in project structure, by providing IFC’s E&S specialists, investment staff and clients guidance in integrating biodiversity into E&S Management Systems to ensure compliance with PS6.
- Monitor oversight of biodiversity performance of client companies.As needed, track portfolio-wide risks with respect to certain high-risk biodiversity aspects.
- Contribute to IFC’s upstream market creation agenda through the integration of biodiversity considerations (e.g., landscape advisory, scaling solar, PPP advisory projects).
- Contribute to the design and delivery of learning programs on biodiversity to E&S specialists in the CEG department, clients and investment staff.
- This may include gathering information from external sources on best practices, evolving trends and challenges, and emerging players that can be used to create new knowledge and learning products.
- Provide organizational and coordination support in the convening of knowledge sharing forums and conferences and contribute to the development of content materials.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Graduate/Advanced degree in relevant discipline (e.g. biological or ecological sciences, such as conservation biology, ecology & evolution, wildlife management or similar).
- Minimum 5 years private sector work experience, preferably in the assessment and management of biodiversity impacts in a consultancy, industrial or commercial role.
- Knowledge of other aspects of environmental management is advantageous.
- Knowledge of IFC Sustainability Framework and supporting documents such as Guidance Notes, EHS Guidelines.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize diverse E&S related data and information.
- A strategic, practical-minded individual that seeks fit-for-purposes approaches and a willingness to build skills in negotiation.
- A skilled multi-tasker with willingness to take on any level of task.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize, deal with frequent unexpected changes, and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail a must.
- A skilled communicator able to communicate effectively, concisely with persuasion in English.
- Excellent writing skills in English as demonstrated by writing samples.
- Language skills in Spanish, French and/or Portuguese are considered a plus.
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, work effectively in and influence a team, and network effectively across boundaries.
- Ability to travel regularly to and work effectively in IFC client countries is essential.
- Familiarity with IFC/World Bank operations, procedures, and culture will be advantageous.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.