Deadline: 30 December 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Global Advisor, Climate and Forests in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Global Advisor, Climate and Forests will be responsible to provide strategic advice and quality assurance for UNDP’s Forest and Land-Use mitigation portfolio with the Green Climate Fund and support UNDP’s work on REDD+ finance including results-based payments, emerging domestic and international market-based approaches.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Global Advisor, Climate and Forests will perform the following functions-
- Policy Development, Management, and Coordination:
- Provide high-quality strategic advice and quality assurance for UNDP’s Global Forest and Land-Use mitigation portfolio with the Green Climate Fund including the REDD+ Result-Based Payment Pilot Programme.
- Provide strategic advice to the Principal Technical Advisor and Regional Technical Advisors on the development of GCF funding proposals.
- Provide high-quality technical policy, programming, implementation support and oversight to the country offices for the implementation of GCF funding proposals.
- Programme Development and Resource Mobilization:
- Provide strategic advice to developing countries in Latin America, Africa and Asia-Pacific on REDD+ finance including results-based payments, emerging domestic and international market-based approaches, as well as, traditional grant, loans and equity investments.
- Position UNDP as a leader in supporting developing countries in integrating public and private sources of finance to implement national REDD+ strategies and action plans.
- Development of partnerships to support the implementation of national REDD+ strategies and action plans:
- Develop partnerships with international/national financial institutions and private impact investors to mobilize traditional grant and loans resources in support of the implementation of REDD+ national strategies and action plans.
- Develop partnerships with key actors in the international sphere in to support the implementation of market-based approaches to REDD+ Results-Based payments in willing countries/jurisdictions.
- Disseminate and develop Climate and Forests knowledge and results:
- Stay abreast of global and regional developments in finance related to climate and forests and share knowledge within UNDP and with relevant partners.
- Share knowledge with other members of the Climate and Forests team and build mechanisms for transfer of experience, lessons learnt and best practices.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in environmental management, international development, public policy or other closely related field.
- At least 7 year’s relevant work experience is required, with preference given to candidates with demonstrable experience in as many of the following as possible:
- Experience working on REDD+ issues in developing countries.
- Experience in Latin America.
- Experience in either Africa or Asia-Pacific.
- Experience working with an international forest & climate initiative (i.e. UN-REDD, FCPF, FIP, REM, GCF).
- Experience with market-based approaches to climate change mitigation (carbon markets).
- Fluency in English and at least French or Spanish is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with fluency in all 3 languages.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.