Deadline: 2 June 2019
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Global Management Energy Specialist in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The Global Management Energy Specialist is responsible to provide support in matters related to Energy Sector for policy and programs of the Bank. To collaborate in conceiving, developing and promoting best practices in Bank’s Policy, operational procedures, project/program design in organization and management of operations in Energy Sector in IDB member countries.
IsDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Global Management Energy Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Strategic & Operational Planning
- Conduct background sector research for preparation of key strategy papers, new programs and knowledge product development to ensure the unit is contributing to the overall goal of the bank.
- Support the senior specialists in undertaking analytical/economic and sector work (ESW) as well as sector dialogue during Member Country Partnership Strategy (MCPS) and programming missions.
- Implement actions to mainstreaming Sustainable Development Goals in IsDB energy projects.
- Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Provide background research and comparative documents to contribute to the design, review and implementation of the IDB’s policies, procedures and guidelines relating to the sector interventions.
- Facilitate the stakeholders in elaborating and interpreting the processes and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Sector Portfolio Management
- Support the senior experts in conducting quality review and proposing improvements throughout project lifecycle of IDB financed projects to ensure all projects abide by the high-quality standards demanded by the Bank.
- Act as a project member as requested throughout the project lifecycle.
- Undertake portfolio analysis for energy sector and prepare portfolio reports to facilitate advisory and decision making.
- Participate in Energy Portfolio Performance Review (SPPR) and Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR).
- Knowledge Sharing & Innovation
- Build and manage knowledge repository in energy sector.
- Contribute to IDB knowledge repository by documenting lessons learned from IsDB projects.
- Share knowledge as subject matter expert related to sector issues to enhance a knowledge sharing culture across the Bank that would allow it to create more value.
- Share key knowledge and learning outcomes with the Knowledge Management and Institutional Learning Unit in areas related to the sector.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/ Energy related engineering, economic development studies or related field.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- 5-7 years experience in Energy Sector, 3 of which in international financing institutions.
- Experience in Energy Sector or related fields.
- Knowledge of Energy Sector trends in MCs and NMCs.
- Knowledge in conceptualizing and managing urban projects/programs.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IsDB.