Deadline: 7 May 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Officer in Jayapura, Indonesia.
The Health Officer will will be responsible for the field implementation and monitoring of health activities in Papua Province, with emphasis on Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (MNCH) program.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Officer will perform the following functions-
- Accurate information, data analysis, and documentation are timely made available to support situation analysis, sectoral input and reporting.
- Technical assistance is provided to the development and implementation of integrated Health strategies, in particular MNCH, through participation and collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Work plan and objectives are effectively established and planned results are timely delivered through technical support and coordination in consultation with all relevant partners.
- Project efficiency and effectiveness are enhanced through effective implementation follow-up.
- Project implementation progress is monitored for adjustment and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
- Gender sex aggregated data and inputs provided relevant to the Health program.
- Transparency is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of program funds for Health.
- Effective partnership and working relationships are maintained for advocacy, technical coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking.
- Up-to-date program information is kept available and reports prepared and shared with relevant stakeholders as required to support the Health program by the effective implementation of integrated monitoring system.
- Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination are provided and in line with the Core Commitments for Children (CCCs) in Humanitarian Action, partnerships with the Health humanitarian actors strengthened within the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC).
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Health or related field including Medicine, Public Health, Global/International Health, Health Policy & Management, Environmental Health, Family Health, Health Research, Biostatistics, Socio-medical Sciences, Epidemiology, Health Education, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions in Health Care, Demography, Social Sciences, Nursing, or a field relevant to international public health development assistance.
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health programs.
- Professional work experience in a program management function or a technical expert capacity in child survival and health care; relevant field work experience is required.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.