Deadline: 23 April 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Climate Adaption and Socio-Economic Expert in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The National Climate Adaption and Socio-Economic Expert will perform the following functions:
- With the support of PMU, take lead in establishing an EbA Technical Working Group (TWG) within Multi-sectoral Climate Change Initiatives Coordination Committee (MCCICC).
- Collate information on lessons learned during the implementation of LDCF financed project for dissemination to other UNEP implemented project that include EbA through Project Manager’s Working Group meetings and public through radio shows and magazine articles.
- Work with representatives from BMUB funded projects and academics from TU, AFU, NAST, NARC, DHM and FRTC to define research topics to measure short, medium and long-term impacts of EbA in Nepal.
- Develop a MoA between NAST, DHM and FRTC to document medium and long term research. Set up systems in these institutions to collect process and analyze long term data for this research.
- Facilitate National Agro-ecosystems Expert-Forestry (NAEF), National Agro-ecosystem Expert-Rangeland (NAER) and National Hydrology and Soil Expert (NHSE) to develop training materials and technical guidelines on implementing EbA to restore forests and rangelands.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- PhD Degree in environmental science, climate science, natural resource management, or social science with 10 year’s of progressive working experience in environmental, climate science and social sector with substantial working knowledge in conducting studies/research in the above domain is required.
- Master’s Degree in the above-mentioned field in combination with additional 15 year’s of experience relevant to above duties and responsibilities may be accepted in lieu of PhD’s degree.
- Prior work experience of having developed training materials/resource materials and tools with excellent report writing skills both in English and Nepali and the ability to network and travel to field sites is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.