Deadline: 23 April 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Climate Adaption and Socio-Economic Expert in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Climate Adaption and Socio-Economic Expert will perform the following functions:
- With the support of PMU, take lead in establishing an EbA Technical Working Group (TWG) within Multi-sectoral Climate Change Initiatives Coordination Committee (MCCICC).
- Collate information on lessons learned during the implementation of LDCF financed project for dissemination to other UNEP implemented project that include EbA through Project Manager’s Working Group meetings and public through radio shows and magazine articles.
- Work with representatives from BMUB funded projects and academics from TU, AFU, NAST, NARC, DHM and FRTC to define research topics to measure short, medium and long-term impacts of EbA in Nepal.
- Develop a MoA between NAST, DHM and FRTC to document medium and long term research. Set up systems in these institutions to collect process and analyze long term data for this research.
- Facilitate National Agro-ecosystems Expert-Forestry (NAEF), National Agro-ecosystem Expert-Rangeland (NAER) and National Hydrology and Soil Expert (NHSE) to develop training materials and technical guidelines on implementing EbA to restore forests and rangelands.
Applicants must have:
- PhD Degree in environmental science, climate science, natural resource management, or social science with 10 year’s of progressive working experience in environmental, climate science and social sector with substantial working knowledge in conducting studies/research in the above domain is required.
- Master’s Degree in the above-mentioned field in combination with additional 15 year’s of experience relevant to above duties and responsibilities may be accepted in lieu of PhD’s degree.
- Prior work experience of having developed training materials/resource materials and tools with excellent report writing skills both in English and Nepali and the ability to network and travel to field sites is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.