Deadline: 14 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Coordinator in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Support the implementation of all activities (FAO-led and UNEP-led) under the UN-REDD Mekong Initiative in Thailand, as part of the UN-REDD Global Technical Assistance (TA) programme for Asia-Pacific (UNJP/GLO/795/UNJ Baby 2).
- Serve as a focal point for liaising with government and partners for the UN-REDD Mekong Initiative in Thailand, in close collaboration with the UN-REDD Regional Asia-Pacific team and the FAO-EU-FLEGT Programme.
- Draft inception work plan, combined annual and semi-annual work plans and budget updates for the Thailand component of the Initiative, in consultation with the UN-REDD Regional Asia-Pacific team, and counterparts at country level, monitor and prepare transparent reports against work plans in approved inter-agency format.
- Organise, and provide secretarial functions for, meetings of national stakeholders for coordination of the Initiative, and liaise regularly with designated national counterparts.
- Organise, manage and report on all national-level workshops and technical events planned under the Thailand component of the UN-REDD Mekong Initiative.
- Participate in recruitment and supervision of national consultants and service providers as appropriate.
- Coordinate establishment of data-sharing agreements and in-country compilation of data and information as required under the work plan of the Initiative.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Forestry, Environmental Science or closely related field.
- 5 year’s of relevant experience in forestry and project management.
- Work experience with the Government of Thailand in the forest and land use sector.
- Extent and relevance of experience in project management.
- Extent and relevance of experience in forestry.
- Nationality of Thailand.
- Fluency in English and Thai.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.