Deadline: 15 December 2019
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nature-based Solutions Senior Project Officer in Belgrade, Serbia. The duration of this post is 24 months.
Nature-based Solutions Senior Project Officer will be responsible to manage project partnership and coordinate activities to ensure effective project implementation and the delivery of high quality project results.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nature-based Solutions Senior Project Officer will perform the following functions:
- Overall responsibility for programme coordination, project management and reporting.
- Support developement and implementation of the IUCN Nature-based Solutions Programme Area in Eastern Europe, North and Central Asia.
- Oversee management and implementation of IUCN ECARO’s Nature-based Solutions project activities in the region.
- Liaise with the IUCN Secretariat, Members, Commissions and partners in identifying priorities and project development opportunities related to Nature-based Solutions.
- Actively pursue partnerships and promote synergies with thematically-aligned initiatives and projects in the region.
- Support fundraising efforts and lead the development of high quality projects in coordination with IUCN programmes and partners.
- Contribute to the institutional leadership of IUCN in further developing and improving the NbS concept as well as its application, leveraging lessons learnt from the ECARO region.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree (or higher) in a subject related to the field of environment or engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in a field related to natural resource management, climate change, or related fields, with at least 5 years in an international setting.
- Work experience in Eastern Europe, North and Central Asia with particular emphasis on the Western Balkans.
- Excellent knowledge of global environmental standards and frameworks, e.g. the Paris Agreement, SDGs and Sendai Framework.
- Good understanding of the IUCN NbS Standard and experience with NbS implementation on the ground.
- Knowledge of human rights-based approaches.
- Proven experience in coordination and management of international projects, ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams, including governments, experts, civil society and the private sector.
- Capacity to work effectively under time pressure and during extended hours if required.
- Willingness to travel within the region, sometimes at short notice.
- Excellent command of English; knowledge of other languages spoken in the region is an asset.
- Computer literacy in MS Office packages.
- Excellent organizational and networking skills, team-oriented attitude and ability to work independently.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IUCN.