Deadline: 6 September 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Policy Specialist, Innovation, Climate and Health in New York, United States.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Policy Specialist, Innovation, Climate and Health will be responsible for conducting research and analysis as well as advancing policies and partnerships to support the team’s efforts.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Policy Specialist, Innovation, Climate and Health will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Policy Research and Knowledge Management:
- Through in-depth research and analysis, contribute to the development and drafting of policy briefs, guidance notes and other knowledge products on environment and climate change related to health, and antimicrobial resistance.
- Help develop related tools for the implementation of the SDGs, with a particular focus on environmental and social determinants of health, focusing on policy and institutional environments.
- Take part in the process of analyzing, improving and adapting policies for different contexts on key emerging policy agendas as appropriate.
- Programme and Project Planning and Delivery Support:
- Support the development and formulation of new project proposals and workplans related to environment and health, including solar for health and AMR-related, as well as the timely completion of evaluation reports of existing initiatives.
- Manage contracting and administrative processes relating to projects, including monitoring progress on deliverables and providing quality assurance.
- Provide technical support to policy teams in the regional hubs and respond to country office needs as appropriate, including through the provision of capacity building and backstopping;
- Partnership Support, Advocacy, and Communications:
- Support health team’s engagement in UN interagency coordination, such as the UN Inter-Agency Task Force on NCDs, by serving as focal point on thematic working group on Health and Environment, as well as by providing research insight and ensuring follow-up to tasks assigned to UNDP.
- Support ongoing partnership efforts with WHO, UNEP, Health Care Without Harm, academic partners and relevant alliances (such as the Planetary Health Alliance and Global Alliance on Health and Pollution) on relevant thematic areas, including anti-microbial resistance.
- Foster partnerships including for resource mobilization and advocacy activities with UN partners, permanent missions, NGOs, civil society, academic partners, and other stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in public health, law, economics or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience in the area of health, environment and climate change, including at the global and/or regional levels.
- Demonstrated ability to translate research and evidence into well-written, policy relevant communications, for example: policy briefs, discussion notes, academic papers, and guidance documents.
- Experience with policy research/analysis and methods for health and environment questions.
- Experience working with UNDP/WHO/UN system and familiarity with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral is required for this position.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.