Deadline: 11 June 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Principal Environment Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Principal Environment Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead in integrating environmental issues into country operations by providing inputs to country strategy and sector work, and ensuring that environmental dimensions are adequately reflected in country strategies, sector work and projects.
- Provide guidance and advice to developing member countries (DMCs) on environmental issues and in building and strengthening their capacity for environmental planning and management.
- Oversee the preparation of country environmental assessments and briefs.
- Oversee policy dialogue to assist governments of DMCs on environment policy and safeguards.
- Facilitate effective liaison with resident missions (RMs) for consistency of approach, exchange of experiences, and continuous improvement of practices and integration of environment policy commitments to the management of projects.
- Supervise and review project initial environmental examinations (IEEs)/summary initial environmental examinations (SIEEs) and environmental impact assessments (EIAs)/ summary environmental impact assessments (SEIAs) to ensure conformity with ADB’s requirements in substance and format.
- Supervise and review project environmental impacts and the recommended environmental management plans and monitoring programs, to ensure that the environmental impacts of ADB-funded projects will be mitigated to acceptable levels.
- Coordinate Bank’s participation in conference of the parties (COP 15) of the convention on biological diversity.
- Lead the implementation of post-2020 biodiversity framework in the DMCs.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or other related specialized fields.
- University Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or other related fields, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- At least 12 year’s relevant experience in environmental policy formation, implementation and coordination at senior levels.
- Experience in analyzing environmental issues associated with water supply, wastewater and urban development projects, and operational experience in the preparation and implementation of such projects.
- Experience with a multilateral institution’s policies and procedures.
- International working experience in several countries, including in developing countries.
- Significant expertise within a specific area of ADB’s operations (economic, sector or thematic), or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Ability to perform effectively as a mission leader or team lead, exercising supervision, coordination, and planning responsibilities over multi-disciplinary team/unit.
- Ability to mentor team members, providing guidance and advice on project or technical-related matters.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.