Deadline: 29 November 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate – Climate Change Adaptation in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Associate – Climate Change Adaptation will promote a client and results-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations and ensures high quality and accuracy of work.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Support formulation of programme strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compile documents related to project development in the region (regional and country level projects), checking for accuracy, updating the UNDP project information repository system (PIMS) and finance application (ATLAS), tracking required information and following up on correspondence with project proponents, Country Offices and GEF Headquarters and processing documentation for submission, including final quality check regarding accuracy and compliance with formats and guidelines.
- Follows up on project activities for new projects in the region and recommend executing modalities in order to ensure the best and most cost-effective services.
- Provide effective support to management of the Regional Programme/s focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Support RTAs in undertaking financial monitoring of the portfolio in the region and individual project budgets and review budget revisions; advise Country Offices and/or Executing Agencies with regards to redeployment of funds and project closure and prepare GEF quarterly project delivery reports.
- Support RTAs in providing support to country offices in implementation start-up of newly-approved UNDP-GCF projects (Green Climate Fund (GCF)).
- Keep abreast of UNDP’s and donor’s rules, regulations and requirement in order to provide guidance to country offices throughout project cycle.
- Monitor project delivery and submission of progress reports and budget revisions for the region; identify reasons for shortfall in delivery and recommend ways to correct situation.
- Provide administrative support to Regional Programme/s implementation activities focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organize GEF/GCF training programmes and workshops in the region as appropriate including logistical arrangement, documentation, budget preparation/monitoring, authorization of expenses.
- Manage information flow between Country Offices and HQ on the regional portfolio to meet all reporting requirements and advise environmental focal point on procedural issues (mentoring).
- Assist RTAs in formulating quarterly mission travel plans, obtaining HQ management approval, booking flights and hotels, submitting travel requests, arranging relevant visas and travel documents (including tickets), collecting travel related documents, and submitting completed travel settlement forms.
- Draft correspondence and assist with other administrative tasks as required.
- Provide effective support on timely procurement of services and goods.
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme with ability to train others.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice, specifically in participation of creation and maintenance of team pages.
Applicants must have:
- Thai National with Secondary Education or equivalent, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Environment Management, Economics, Social Sciences or other relevant fields would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years for secondary school, or 3 years for University’s degree, of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Extensive experience in project oversight and/or management highly desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Good knowledge of an ERP System (such as Atlas) and UNDP programming and budget structure is required, with knowledge of procurement will be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of UNDP-GEF is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Thai.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.