Deadline: 25 May 2020
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Coordinator in Washington D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 7 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Chair the KBA Standards & Appeals Committee, in which role the position is functionally accountable to the Chairs of the IUCN SSC and WCPA.
- Oversee and guide the process of developing and updating the “Guidelines for using A Global Standard for the Identification of Key Biodiversity Areas”, which are prepared by the KBA Standards & Appeals Committee with advice from the KBA Technical Working Group.
- Advise on the consistent interpretation of the KBA criteria and thresholds, key terms, delineation procedures, and other aspects of “A Global Standard for the Identification of Key Biodiversity Areas”, seeking input from the KBA Standards & Appeals Committee and Technical Working Group as appropriate.
- Provide regular updates on KBA Standards & Appeals Committee progress and challenges to the IUCN SSC and WCPA Chairs, and to the KBA committee.
- Develop, review and advise on training materials and approaches for using “A Global Standard for the Identification of Key Biodiversity Areas”, in collaboration with the KBA Technical Working Group and seeking input from the KBA Standards & Appeals Committee as appropriate.
- Lead development of an online training course for identifying and delineating Key Biodiversity Areas.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- PhD in conservation biology, ecology, or other natural sciences conservation-related field.
- MSc in geography, development studies, or other social sciences conservation-related field.
- 15 year’s of experience in conservation-related activities required.
- Demonstrable expert knowledge of the KBA Standard.
- Demonstrable experience of work spanning both terrestrial and aquatic biomes.
- Demonstrable negotiating and leadership skills in convening teams to deliver complex projects.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail required.
- Excellent writing and communications skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in publishing into the conservation-related scientific literature.
- Experience in convening scientific and technical workshops, meetings, or conferences.
- Excellent knowledge of the conservation-related scientific literature required.
- Analytical skills including database development, GIS, programming useful.
- Fluency in English essential.
- Fluency in Spanish and French very useful.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IUCN.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.