Deadline: 29 June 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Analyst in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 10 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Assist the implementation of the GEF-funded POPs Global Monitoring Plan Projects being executed by the Chemicals and Health Branch of UNEP Economy Division.
- Assist in collection, review and compilation of technical information related to the work on POPs, including PCB and DDT, and coordination with experts of respective disciplines to facilitate effective contribution to the delivery of related outcomes.
- Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources.
- Assist in the development of technical documents and communication materials related to the POPs portfolio of the Knowledge and Risk Unit.
- Provide substantive support to sectoral or regional workshops, meetings and conferences, including preparing meeting documents, presentations and reports as needed.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in environmental policy or science or related field is required.
- University studies in combination with an additional 2 year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 year’s of relevant professional experience, of which at least 1 at international level.
- Knowledge of global environmental issues, in particular POPs monitoring and management under the Stockholm Convention, related networks and programmes.
- Relevant experience at the international level related to chemicals management.
- Experience in working with developing countries and countries in transition context.
- Prior knowledge of working in UN System.
- Good communication skills, organization and attention to details.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.