Deadline: 29 June 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Analyst in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 10 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Management Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Assist the implementation of the GEF-funded POPs Global Monitoring Plan Projects being executed by the Chemicals and Health Branch of UNEP Economy Division.
- Assist in collection, review and compilation of technical information related to the work on POPs, including PCB and DDT, and coordination with experts of respective disciplines to facilitate effective contribution to the delivery of related outcomes.
- Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources.
- Assist in the development of technical documents and communication materials related to the POPs portfolio of the Knowledge and Risk Unit.
- Provide substantive support to sectoral or regional workshops, meetings and conferences, including preparing meeting documents, presentations and reports as needed.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in environmental policy or science or related field is required.
- University studies in combination with an additional 2 year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 year’s of relevant professional experience, of which at least 1 at international level.
- Knowledge of global environmental issues, in particular POPs monitoring and management under the Stockholm Convention, related networks and programmes.
- Relevant experience at the international level related to chemicals management.
- Experience in working with developing countries and countries in transition context.
- Prior knowledge of working in UN System.
- Good communication skills, organization and attention to details.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.