Deadline: 1 August 2018
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Bangkok, Thailand.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Develop and implement detailed activities for SWITCH-Asia II project on the regional policy advocacy component to mainstream sustainable consumption and production at national and regional level with attention to green finance as an entry point and to build capacity for the uptake of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 12 and related SDGs.
- Analyse, consolidate, and track trends in the policies and gaps in the region for sustainable consumption and production, especially the mainstreaming of green finance, from various entry points such as, but not limited to, energy, natural resources, materials, cities, transport, etc.
- Scope, develop and implement partnership activities, as well as manage relationships to contribute to the outcomes of the project to facilitate access to green finance for the implementation of policies and regulatory frameworks in promoting sustainable consumption and production working with all the team members.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in green finance and gender mainstreaming in environmental studies, natural resource management, science or a related discipline.
- First-level university degree in combination with 2 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management or related area in policy analysis and outreach in the field of sustainable consumption and production, and or resource efficiency, particularly in accessing, advocating for and mainstreaming of green finance for sustainable development is required.
- Experience working in Asia-Pacific region, especially with the private sector in finance and sustainability related issues and familiarity in mobilizing policy dialogue and partnerships is desirable.
- Fluency in English (both Oral and written). English and French are the two working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Working knowledge of another UN official Language is an added advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNEP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.