Deadline: 1 August 2018
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Bangkok, Thailand.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Develop and implement detailed activities for SWITCH-Asia II project on the regional policy advocacy component to mainstream sustainable consumption and production at national and regional level with attention to green finance as an entry point and to build capacity for the uptake of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 12 and related SDGs.
- Analyse, consolidate, and track trends in the policies and gaps in the region for sustainable consumption and production, especially the mainstreaming of green finance, from various entry points such as, but not limited to, energy, natural resources, materials, cities, transport, etc.
- Scope, develop and implement partnership activities, as well as manage relationships to contribute to the outcomes of the project to facilitate access to green finance for the implementation of policies and regulatory frameworks in promoting sustainable consumption and production working with all the team members.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in green finance and gender mainstreaming in environmental studies, natural resource management, science or a related discipline.
- First-level university degree in combination with 2 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management or related area in policy analysis and outreach in the field of sustainable consumption and production, and or resource efficiency, particularly in accessing, advocating for and mainstreaming of green finance for sustainable development is required.
- Experience working in Asia-Pacific region, especially with the private sector in finance and sustainability related issues and familiarity in mobilizing policy dialogue and partnerships is desirable.
- Fluency in English (both Oral and written). English and French are the two working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Working knowledge of another UN official Language is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNEP.