Deadline: 14 March 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the application rounds of the Special Programme.
- Undertake qualitative analysis of the projects and technical review of the activities of the projects.
- Develop and monitor the legal instruments with countries, identifies problems / issues and provides solutions.
- Provide substantive support to Executive Board meetings and other relevant meetings, to include preparation of background documents and presentations.
- Researche, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources related to the Special Programme.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the Special Programme, including the review and analysis of past and ongoing application rounds, preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies.
- Undertake outreach activities for the Special Programme.
- Participate in the development of training workshops, outreach events, seminars, etc..
- Participate in and makes presentations on assigned topics /activities.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in environmental sciences, environmental management, economics or a related field.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 year’s of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s of progressively responsible experience in project / programme management, administration or a related area is required.
- Experience in providing policy advice on chemicals and waste management is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant work experience at the international level related to sound management of chemicals and waste is required.
- Experience in governmental or intergovernmental organizations is desirable.
- Experience in the organization of inter-governmental and multi-stakeholder processes and meetings, including expert meetings, is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and practical knowledge of computerized information systems and teamwork experience is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.