Deadline: 8 July 2020
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer, Species in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 24 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Officer, Species will perform the following functions:
- Project Implementation
- Lead the day-to-day implementation of the project in collaboration with the relevant governments, IUCN Country Offices and other key partners.
- Develop and implement the annual work plan, including for monitoring and reporting.
- Contribute to the development, adaptation and field testing of MIKE Programme approaches, tools and methodologies (e.g. Law Enforcement Capacity Assessment) for application in the Asian context, and provide feedback on potential improvements or amendments needed.
- Support MIKE sites in the regular collection, synthesis and storage of elephant mortality data in accordance with the MIKE Programme monitoring protocols, including follow-up assistance in enhancing the reliability of such data, and carrying out on-side data audits where required.
- Programme development and technical support
- Assist with the development of new project concepts and proposals addressing NRG’s species conservation and wildlife trade priorities.
- Provide species-related guidance and technical support to IUCN country programmes.
- Programme planning, assessment and reporting
- Contribute to the production of relevant technical reports and outputs as stipulated in the yearly work plans of NRG.
- Contribute to information sharing, lessons learning and documentation of project and programme experiences.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Conservation Biology, Natural Resource Management, Forestry, Project Management, or a relevant field.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in programme/project coordination and implementation, preferably in a field directly related to the environment and/or species conservation.
- Proficiency in the use of office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other web-based management systems.
- High level of organisational skills and attention to detail; good analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a large team with strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in different cultural contexts with strategic partners.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Asia region and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in English (verbal/written).
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IUCN.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.