Deadline: 19 March 2023
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 9 months.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Officer will perform the following functions:
- Lead the Philippine component of the project & ensure its timely implementation, adopting a results-based approach through management functions, including provision of technical and administrative supervision to the project team in line with the ILO policy, rules & regulations & in according to the final project document.
- Maintain close cooperation & coordination with government, employers’ & workers’ organizations both at the national & local levels in the planning & implementation of activities in the country under the project;
- Establish a coordination mechanism of the Philippine component of the project in line with the overall mechanism set for the ASEAN project.
- Establish effective linkages with relevant projects & activities of the ILO to secure necessary technical inputs from them & generate synergies.
- Elaborate workplan in accordance with the project document and budget & in consultation with the key stakeholders above mentioned.
Applicants must have:
- First level university degree in environmental science, economics, management, engineering, social sciences, or related field and strong knowledge on environment and labour market issues particularly in the Philippines.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in project management, supervision, administration and implementation of grant/cooperative agreement requirements (including meeting deadlines, achieving targets, and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports to the project donor). Project experiences with UN agencies is an advantage.
- Experience and knowledge on project monitoring system adopting a results-based approach.
- Experience in Green Jobs-related studies or operations will be an advantage.
- Experience in technical assistance in Green Jobs-related legislation and statistics will be a major advantage.
- Excellent command of English.
- Proficiency in Filipino is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.