Deadline: 14 December 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer – Plastic Waste Recycling Management in Haridwar, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical, managerial support to the implementing partner for execution of project related to Plastic waste management covering the following main areas:
- Plastic waste supply chain management facilitation – segregation, collection, transportation, aggregation and recycling
- City evaluation and ecosystem building – guiding and drafting the plans and TORs for understanding city baseline and SOPs etc.
- Technology deployment – understand the technologies and integrate them to implementation through the implementing partner
- Execution partnerships – Setting up partnerships and managing relationships with waste pickers, NGO and host of other partners to develop plastic recycling across cities
- Governance – Setting up governance to monitor operations and capacity building to various formal and informal sector players in the ecosystem
- Participate in technical committee meetings for evaluation of tender documents, project reports, etc.
- Support and Review of plastic recycling projects at various stages during execution, look into alternatives which are sustainable, cost effective and executable.
- Liaison and Network with various stake holders, both government and nongovernment, during the execution of the projects.
- Responsible for Capacity building, Resource mobilization and Knowledge management by attending training programs related to project activities.
- Visit to various places for review of projects as well as evaluation of vendor’s technology on plastic waste management practices.
- Perform any other tasks assigned from time to time by the senior management.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Energy and Environment, Waste Management, Social Sciences, Rural Development or related fields.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Energy and Environment, Social Sciences, Rural Development or related fields.
- At least 6 years of professional experience in the areas of solid waste management, if possible, reference to plastic recycling etc.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in implementing/Consulting and implementing similar projects.
- An international exposure in waste management, climate change, and sustainability will be preferable.
- Experience in working with technology platforms including mobile applications, social enterprises will be added advantage.
- Experience on preparation of TORs / EoI documents on solid waste management will be preferable.
- High-level of IT/computing skills (minimum: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and requirements, and multitask as needed.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to integrate technology into various aspects of the project for planning, rollout and monitoring.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, Hindi are essential.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.