Deadline: 14 December 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer – Plastic Waste Recycling Management in Haridwar, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical, managerial support to the implementing partner for execution of project related to Plastic waste management covering the following main areas:
- Plastic waste supply chain management facilitation – segregation, collection, transportation, aggregation and recycling
- City evaluation and ecosystem building – guiding and drafting the plans and TORs for understanding city baseline and SOPs etc.
- Technology deployment – understand the technologies and integrate them to implementation through the implementing partner
- Execution partnerships – Setting up partnerships and managing relationships with waste pickers, NGO and host of other partners to develop plastic recycling across cities
- Governance – Setting up governance to monitor operations and capacity building to various formal and informal sector players in the ecosystem
- Participate in technical committee meetings for evaluation of tender documents, project reports, etc.
- Support and Review of plastic recycling projects at various stages during execution, look into alternatives which are sustainable, cost effective and executable.
- Liaison and Network with various stake holders, both government and nongovernment, during the execution of the projects.
- Responsible for Capacity building, Resource mobilization and Knowledge management by attending training programs related to project activities.
- Visit to various places for review of projects as well as evaluation of vendor’s technology on plastic waste management practices.
- Perform any other tasks assigned from time to time by the senior management.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Energy and Environment, Waste Management, Social Sciences, Rural Development or related fields.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Energy and Environment, Social Sciences, Rural Development or related fields.
- At least 6 years of professional experience in the areas of solid waste management, if possible, reference to plastic recycling etc.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in implementing/Consulting and implementing similar projects.
- An international exposure in waste management, climate change, and sustainability will be preferable.
- Experience in working with technology platforms including mobile applications, social enterprises will be added advantage.
- Experience on preparation of TORs / EoI documents on solid waste management will be preferable.
- High-level of IT/computing skills (minimum: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and requirements, and multitask as needed.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to integrate technology into various aspects of the project for planning, rollout and monitoring.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, Hindi are essential.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.