Deadline: 31 May 2020
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Regional Protected Areas Programme Coordinator in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Regional Protected Areas Programme Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical advice, guidance and support on Protected Areas to Project Offices and/or Country Offices and act as the focal point for protected areas related activities particularly with members, commissions, partners and other IUCN component programmes as required.
- Work closely with IUCN’s World Commission on Protected Areas (WCPA) to develop an integrated protected areas programme in the region.
- Work closely with other IUCN Commissions, Country offices, Project Offices and other thematic programmes to develop and maintain an appropriate project portfolio and funding for implementation of the Regional Programme.
- Work with colleagues in the region and headquarter on Protected Areas issues to ensure that they function as an integrated team, that there is coherence and consistency in the policy statements, and a high quality of technical and policy advice is given to field programmes and projects.
- Coordinate the development, analysis and dissemination of Protected Areas policy relevant to the Region and other networks in the most effective way.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in natural science related to Protected Areas conservation or related fields and at least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with project and programme development and management.
- Relevant working experience on issues related to Protected Areas conservation.
- Demonstrated fundraising, budgeting and programme planning ability.
- Demonstrated outstanding skills in network development and network administration and ability to achieve results through networking in cross-cultural situations.
- Lead and inspire multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Exposure to and knowledge of major Protected Areas issues, both policy and field related proven writing ability.
- Demonstrated spoken and written fluency in French and English.
- Advanced computer processing skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IUCN.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.