Deadline: 31 May 2020
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Regional Protected Areas Programme Coordinator in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 12 months.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Regional Protected Areas Programme Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical advice, guidance and support on Protected Areas to Project Offices and/or Country Offices and act as the focal point for protected areas related activities particularly with members, commissions, partners and other IUCN component programmes as required.
- Work closely with IUCN’s World Commission on Protected Areas (WCPA) to develop an integrated protected areas programme in the region.
- Work closely with other IUCN Commissions, Country offices, Project Offices and other thematic programmes to develop and maintain an appropriate project portfolio and funding for implementation of the Regional Programme.
- Work with colleagues in the region and headquarter on Protected Areas issues to ensure that they function as an integrated team, that there is coherence and consistency in the policy statements, and a high quality of technical and policy advice is given to field programmes and projects.
- Coordinate the development, analysis and dissemination of Protected Areas policy relevant to the Region and other networks in the most effective way.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in natural science related to Protected Areas conservation or related fields and at least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with project and programme development and management.
- Relevant working experience on issues related to Protected Areas conservation.
- Demonstrated fundraising, budgeting and programme planning ability.
- Demonstrated outstanding skills in network development and network administration and ability to achieve results through networking in cross-cultural situations.
- Lead and inspire multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Exposure to and knowledge of major Protected Areas issues, both policy and field related proven writing ability.
- Demonstrated spoken and written fluency in French and English.
- Advanced computer processing skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IUCN.