Deadline: 19 April 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Technical Specialist for Water, Ecosystems, and Biodiversity in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Regional Technical Specialist for Water, Ecosystems, and Biodiversity is responsible for providing technical, policy, and programming implementation support and oversight, as well as, knowledge and capacity development services pertaining to the work of the Water & Oceans and Ecosystems and Biodiversity signature programmes to UNDP country offices and UNDP’s various implementing partners.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Regional Technical Specialist for Water, Ecosystems, and Biodiversity will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Innovation, Strategic Leadership, Policy Dialogue and Advocacy
- Participate in the development and implementation of UNDP’s global and regional strategies on environment and sustainable development within BPPS and beyond.
- Engagement in policy and advocacy work with external partners where relevant.
- Provide policy development support and guidance to country offices and governments.
- Support the development of strategic UNDP policy position papers and internal briefing notes.
- Portfolio Management
- Assist in the maintenance of programme/project and portfolio information, and corporate information systems.
- Facilitate the identification, and sourcing of technical expertise and support, including assisting with the preparation of TORs, identification and evaluation of experts, and reviewing reports.
- Resource Mobilization
- Support programme and project identification and development, including on integrated approaches and multifocal area projects.
- Provide timely and quality information and technical advice on sources of funds, policies, priorities and activities, including the Global Environment Facility funds, the Green Climate Fund, other multilateral donors, bilateral donors and foundations.
- Development Impact
- Assist with inception, contracting and startup of programmes/projects including establishment of indicators, benchmarks and work plans.
- Support UNDP country offices and programme/project implementation partners in supervision, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, troubleshooting and adaptive management.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree or higher in marine science, water resources management, environmental sciences, or in economics or social sciences with a specialization in environment and development, or other closely related field.
- Minimum of 7 year’s experience working with developing countries in the field of marine, freshwater, and/or terrestrial ecosystem management.
- Minimums 3 year’s experience with conceptualizing and developing internationally financed projects and programmes.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience working with developing countries in the policy development and implementation processes associated with marine and freshwater resources, ecosystem and/or biodiversity resources in development context.
- Demonstrable experience in working across different disciplines and connecting natural resource issues with the sustainable development agenda.
- Experience working with developing countries on transboundary water systems management and governance an advantage.
- Experience working with developing countries on ecosystem-based mitigation and adaptation to climate change an advantage.
- Experience working with multilateral, bilateral and/or regional environmental funds.
- Experience with the Global Environment Facility is an advantage.
- Experience in project management (direct experience an advantage) and guiding project implementation and management an advantage.
- Experience in establishing and/or maintaining strategic and long-term partnerships.
- Experience in facilitation and coordination.
- Full computer literacy.
- Experience working in Latin America/Caribbean region is an advantage.
- Working experience in an international organization is an advantage as is knowledge of UNDP policies, procedures and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, with exceptional writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.