Deadline: 19 December 2018
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Safeguards Specialist (Environment) in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Safeguards Specialist (Environment) will support the processing and implementation of ADB loan/grant financed projects for all sectors in Indonesia.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Safeguards Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide assistance to PTLs and clients in obtaining ADB environmental safeguard compliance approvals, including for initial environmental categorization, project concept paper, management consideration, and Board consideration.
- Work with government counterparts and provide guidance in formulating environmental safeguard planning documents (e.g., environmental assessment and review frameworks, environmental assessment documents).
- As a project administration team mission member, supervise the implementation of environmental management requirements of projects, advise on environmental safeguard compliance risks of environmentally sensitive and complex projects, and identify necessary corrective actions.
- Coordinate environmental safeguard risk management for the portfolio of projects in one member country under SERD, and support coordination of portfolio of projects in other DMCs of SERD, in compliance with ADB’s Safeguard Policy Statement, including participating in project review missions, addressing non-compliances, and responding to documentation/reporting requirements of Office of the Special Project Facilitator and inspection panels.
- Provide portfolio-wide environment-related input to Quarterly Portfolio Performance Reports.
- Facilitate public information and disclosure initiatives related to environmental safeguards.
- Support initiatives on policy dialogue with SERD member countries and development partners to harmonize and better align environmental safeguard compliance procedures and guidelines.
- Support review and strengthening of country safeguard systems, as appropriate.
- Facilitate contact with government counterparts, non-government organizations (NGOs), and development partners, together with relevant staff/departments within ADB on environmental safeguard issues.
- Participate in and contribute to internal and external training and conferences on environmental safeguards as well as to other activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Environmental Engineering, Environment Sciences, or other related fields.
- University degree in Environmental Engineering, Environment Sciences, or other related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in environmental safeguards, environmental impact assessment and management, and environmental policy.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing environmental, health and safety issues associated with infrastructure development projects, and operational experience in the preparation and implementation of such projects.
- Familiarity with a multilateral institution’s policies and procedures, including but not limited to World Bank Group’s Environment, Health and Safety Guidelines
- International experience working in several countries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Sound expertise in specific area (preferably one of the following areas/sectors: biodiversity conservation, biodiversity impact assessment, power generation and transmission).
- Experience applying knowledge in diverse international settings and/or different organizations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive project member.
- Assigned at the ADB Headquarters in Manila for a prescribed period with a maximum of 1 year.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.