Deadline: 4 March 2022
Rainforest Alliance is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Associate, Standards & Associate in Kenya.
The Rainforest Alliance is an international non-profit organization working at the intersection of business, agriculture, and forests to make responsible business the new normal. They are building an alliance to protect forests, improve the livelihoods of farmers and forest communities, promote their human rights, and help them mitigate and adapt to the climate crisis.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Associate, Standards & Associate will perform the following functions:
- Proactively supports, answers questions, gives information and advice – via e-mail, phone and other – to the Leadership Team, department heads, RA colleagues, CBs and CHs on the RA Standards and implementation of the Certification Rules.
- Implements a monitoring program on RA certification which includes license reviews, interpreting audit results, leading on credibility cases and compliance, solves problems and/or makes recommendations if necessary to the relevant management.
- Initiate and organize the development and implementation of the annual plan together with the Senior Manager Africa, for the assigned countries and coordinate the annual plan with the broader regional/country plans to capture synergies.
- Accountable for the implementation and execution of the Standards & Assurance East & Southern Africa annual plan and activities within East & Southern Africa, including observing audits.
- Contribute to country risk assessments and use this information to design and implement Quality of Implementation activities for the region.
- Manage reputational risks in coordination with S&A senior management and regional management.
- Maintain an analysis for S&A management of the regional activities, including audits, non-conformities, quality of a sample of audit reports and licenses to evaluate the interpretations for the Standard and certification rules, information about selling/purchasing certified volumes along supply chain and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Build and maintain networks with colleagues in countries of oversight, providing input and contributions to country-specific projects where S&A is part of to prevent re-occurrence of credibility issues in the region.
- Organizes, develops and provides workshops, trainings and/or webinars based on training needs assessments and other inputs to CBs and other stakeholders (internal and external) as needed.
- Develop, update, distribute and implement certification processes/procedures, and relevant tools/materials for the region, target group and/or product.
- Work together with member monitoring and field teams to identify the need for standard contextualization, policy, and guidance.
- Identify assurance risks and passes this onto the CB Monitoring team and S&A management.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in agronomy/rural development/sociology/environmental science/forestry.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in sustainable agriculture certification and tea supply chains or equivalent and other commodities such as coffee, cocoa, flowers and fruits is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook with a demonstrated experience in accounting software and working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to form and maintain collaborative networks both internally and externally.
- Strategic mindset, able to identify trends, respond to challenges before they become issues, and provide insights into broader strategies and workplans.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate commitment to the RA mission and values.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 30% per year in the region and/or internationally.
- Fluency verbal and written communication skills in English is required.
- Swahili and any other language spoken in the region is preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Rainforest Alliance.