Deadline: 2 July 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Climate Change Specialist (Climate Finance) in Manila, Philippines.
The Senior Climate Change Specialist will take the lead role in identifying, developing, sourcing and leading the deployment of Asia-Pacific Climate Finance Fund (ACliFF) financial resources to support the implementation of financial risk management products within the scope of both ADB and third party climate change mitigation, adaptation, and/or disaster risk management projects in ADB DMCs.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Climate Change Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Fund Management
- In line with the Fund’s establishment paper and implementation guidelines, identify opportunities for ACliFF engagement in consultation with ADB operational departments, DMC governments, financial risk management product providers, project partners and sponsors.
- In consultation with specialists from other ADB departments, support the generation and effective processing of ACliFF funding proposals.
- Report on the Fund’s operations and portfolio of supported products, in particular, leading the preparation and dissemination of the Annual Progress Report and Annual Work Plan; and in organizing annual consultation meetings with the Financing Partners.
- Make policy and procedural recommendations regarding the Fund’s operations and implementation.
- Facilitate the interaction between ADB and Financing Partners and/or project sponsors and third parties, including on requests for contribution from Financing Partners; and participation in Fund co-financing transactions including contract negotiations with project sponsors and third parties as necessary.
- Operational Advice and Support
- Contribute toward the ongoing identification, development and implementation of innovative approaches, products and services supported through ACliFF that directly address climate investment risk and extreme weather risk in ADB’s DMCs, as required.
- Knowledge Sharing and External Relations
- Support senior management and represent ACliFF in conferences/workshops.
- Participate in and contribute to relevant internal and external training and conferences and other activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building.
- Staff Supervision
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
Applicants must have:
- Advance degree in finance, economics, business administration, or relevant fields. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region, with special focus on project management and application of financial risk management products in the areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation and disaster risk management.
- Proven results focused transaction completion track record involving multiples parties and stakeholders, preferably in a private sector context (e.g. insurance or reinsurance industry).
- Advanced project management skills and experience in managing a portfolio of complex commercial transactions in a time-efficient manner.
- Detailed understanding and practical experience of barriers and opportunities for the application of financial risk management products in the following areas: energy, agriculture, climate adaptation and/or disaster risk management, preferably in the Asia-Pacific context.
- Experience in performing risk analysis and due diligence for climate investment and climate and disaster risk management projects.
- Superior communication and negotiation skills including excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.