Deadline: 11 October 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Climate Change Specialist in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Senior Climate Change and Urban Specialist will have a key role in the implementation of the GEF Sustainable Cities Program initiated in GEF-6 and expanded in the GEF-7 replenishment and beyond, including in the delivery of the Global Platform on Sustainable Cities (GPSC).
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Climate Change Specialist will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Support the management of the GEF’s portfolio of ongoing projects through implementation, monitoring, and evaluation activities with GEF Agencies and countries, and contribute to the development of strategies and programs to enhance GEF’s impact.
- Manage reviews of project proposals to be financed by the GEF Trust Fund, according to the agreed project review criteria, provide guidance on major issues involved in the development of project proposals and assist in overall preparation of work programs to be presented to council.
- Participate in the GEF work within Regional Teams on GEF issues, including participation in country dialogues, expanded constituency workshops, and the GEF Country Support Program.
- Provide cross-support for climate change mitigation activities across other GEF focal areas and programs, including the use of non-grant instruments for financing global environmental benefits.
- Provide thought leadership across the organization on thematic areas relevant for the GEF-7 Climate Change Mitigation (CCM) Programming Directions, in particular on electric mobility, clean energy, distributed energy solutions and/or energy efficiency.
- Participate in the political outreach to relevant countries in international fora, with the UNFCCC and other related international instruments.
- Provide quality inputs to the CEO and GPU Director on country and thematic briefings, talking points, speeches, analytical/strategic documents.
- Support the design and development of knowledge management products, brochures, outreach and communication material, and provide inputs on the revision of operational processes and procedures, as requested.
- Support the development and delivery of GEF reports, Council documents, engagement plans, and other work products related to the Climate Change Mitigation Focal Area, as needed.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s degree with at least 8 years of professional experience, or a Ph.D., with 7 years of experience in the field of climate change, natural resources management/environmental sciences, economics, or other relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of global climate change financing architecture, and have experience managing climate change projects and programs, preferably within an international context.
- Working knowledge of the operations of the Global Environment Facility and its Agencies is preferable.
- Ability to deal with a range of stakeholders, international organizations, development agencies, scientific and technical bodies, private sector entities, developing country counterparts, and NGOs would be an advantage.
- Ability to think analytically, strategically, and programmatically.
- Excellent technical and working knowledge in various sectors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including ability to communicate complex issues to a wide range of audiences.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WBG.