Deadline: 28 January 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Environment Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Environment Specialist will be responsible to lead the design, prepare and implement lending and technical assistance operations in environment and natural resources.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Environment Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Integrate environmental and natural resource issues into country operations by providing inputs to country strategy and sector work and ensuring that environmental and natural resource dimensions are adequately reflected in country strategies, sector work and projects.
- Guide and advice developing member countries (DMCs) on environmental issues and in building and strengthening their capacity for environmental planning and management.
- Prepare country environmental assessments and briefs.
- Develop environment and natural resource management strategies and initiatives in coordination and cooperation with DMCs, development partners and other stakeholders.
- Lead or contribute to addressing environment and natural resource management related climate change risks and vulnerabilities and protecting and maintaining natural capital and associated ecosystem services.
- Help identify and develop investment opportunities in agriculture, environment and natural resource sectors for sustainable economic growth to support poverty reduction and regional cooperation.
- Liaise and coordinate with development agencies on program loans and investment projects.
- Facilitate coordination with environment and/or natural resources country and regional/cross-departmental thematic and technical working groups
- Develop and maintain a suitable network of the latest institutional developments in international and national environment and natural resource management of relevance to the division.
- Conduct knowledge dissemination and sharing with governments, multilateral and bilateral organizations, civil society and NGOs on environmental issues and programs.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Environment or Natural Resource Management.
- University Degree in Environment or Natural Resource Management, or related biological sciences, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- At least 10 year’s of relevant experience in environmental and natural resource management, policy formation, implementation and coordination at senior levels.
- Experience with a multilateral institution’s policies and procedures.
- Experience working in several developing countries.
- Significant expertise within a specific area of ADB’s operations (economic, sector or thematic), or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Manage risks more effectively by understanding DMCs, their environment (including the political, social and technical aspects), development priorities and economic / sector / thematic issues.
- Ability to perform effectively as a mission leader or team member in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to mentor and coach team members, providing guidance and advice on project or technical-related matters to develop their capabilities/potential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.