Deadline: 19 April 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Environmental Specialist in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Environmental Specialist will perform the following functions-
- ENB CMU Program Coordination:
- Support practice manager and work with colleagues in the WPA preparation and discussion with CMU.
- Prepare briefs and talking points on key ENB issues and report, as needed to CMU, on progress of ENB activities.
- Lead/coordinate inputs from ENB for multisectoral inputs on government’s strategic planning, and engagement with sub-national authorities.
- Participate in country team meetings and coordinate closely with the SD Sector leader.
- Task lead preparation and implementation of complex and multi-sectoral operations with investment, digital, spatial, innovation and policy elements, and involve diverse range of central and subnational stakeholders and departments.
- Co-lead or be a technical team member on operations led by other GPs and PGs including DPFs and IPFs.
- Conduct timely project preparation, implementation support missions, catalyze project disbursement and provide technical leadership on ENB related topics.
- Coordinate operations with development partner activities and development partner technical assistance.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s or PhD degree in environmental sciences/technology, environmental management or natural resources management.
- Minimum at least 8 year’s of relevant experience including, preferably, experience of working on strategic environmental and natural resources, including green growth, issues related to the areas of focus for this position on capacity and policy development and institutional strengthening for improved environmental and natural resources management under landscape approaches and on other project environmental lending and non-lending, in particular at programmatic levels.
- Knowledge and experience related to environmental impact assessment, management and stakeholder engagement in some of the key areas of economic activity with significant environmental implications.
- In-depth knowledge of the environmental regulatory and institutional framework in Nepal.
- Experience in designing and supervising projects in some of the following areas: landscape management, cross sector engagements, development policy lending and environmental quality.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgments in a work environment with tight processing constraints, and proven record of good teamwork and delivering under pressure.
- Ability to analyze cross-sectoral issues with respect to environmental outcomes, especially within the broader framework of national development agenda.
- Extensive field-based experience, including the carrying out of baseline surveys and stakeholder consultations, are desired.
- Familiarity with Bank’s operational policies and procedures as they relate to environmental aspects of the Bank’s work would be as asset but is not a requirement.
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide guidance to the Bank and clients’ teams, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and in inter-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and inter-personal skills with appropriate level of office information technology skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.