Deadline: 5 June 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Environmental Specialist in Singapore. The duration of this post 3 years.
The Senior Environmental Specialist will support the ENR lending and non-lending program, with a primary focus on strategy, advocacy, policy and investment in marine plastics pollution management and related activities required to shift to a more circular economy in order to address this challenge.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Environmental Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide regional leadership on the EAP regional marine plastic engagement endorsed by the EAP RMT, as well task leadership of selected country activities.
- Provide technical support and advocacy in other countries.
- Develop and implement policy, advisory and investment engagements related to address in the Marine Plastics/Litter pollution urgencies in EAP countries.
- Strong impact-driven regional program of solutions supported by a high quality, innovative portfolio of lending and non-lending tasks (including multi-country work such as with the ASEAN) developed and implementation progress demonstrated.
- Work with colleagues based in Country Offices and in Washington to lead and/or support the development of short to long-term business relationships on marine plastics and litters with national and local government stakeholders, including development partners and NGOs/civil society, through knowledge, technical and operational expertise, strategic communications and outreach activities.
- Coordinate and carry out other tasks as requested by the Practice manager such as for example the organization of training or knowledge sharing events.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing, dissemination and awareness raising activities with key clients.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced degree in environmental science.
- Minimum 15 years of full-time relevant professional operational experience including a strong experience in an East Asia developing country context working on analytical work, investment, knowledge and policy development operations related to environmental management in several EAP countries, including a demonstrated experience in leadership on pollution management and plastics in particular.
- Knowledge and operational experience in the formulation and implementation of environmental strategies, policy and finance is required, in particular with EAP multi-country experience.
- Ability to identify long-range goals and objectives, develop strategic approaches, and conceptualize multi-year plans to operationalize and implement these strategies using Bank instruments.
- Ability to effectively contribute to, or lead as needed, activities involving multiple disciplines and organizational units, as well as to maintain high service standards under pressure, meet deadlines and accommodate simultaneous demands.
- Demonstrated operational skills and ability to lead effectively lending and non-lending tasks.
- Proven teamwork and successful experience working with multi-sectoral teams and sharing knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, working across and with, Global Practices, development partners and multiple government counterparts is important.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and at a high level to achieve results with agreed upon objectives and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Willingness to travel extensively from the Singapore Hub is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WBG.