Deadline: 3 June 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Management and Programme Analyst in Nairobi, Kenya.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Management and Programme Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Provide senior policy advice to the organization’s leadership, on conceptual strategy development and management of the implementation of overall strategies and intra and inter-divisional policies and procedures.
- Direct policy research papers, prepares corporate positions and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates assigned programme/projects.
- Provide direction and sound and innovative advice on a wide range of issues, including developing policy and strategies for issues on a long-term and large-scale basis to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of results that ensure the best interests of the organization and its member states.
- Deliver thorough well-reasoned contributions, e.g., policy recommendations, complex papers, analysis, substantive sections of reports and studies, publications, etc.
- Implement corrective action with respect to operational issues.
- Supervise preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in environmental policy, economics, law, public affairs, environmental science or a related field.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 10 year’s of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area, including at least 5 in an international setting, on intergovernmental and inter-agency affairs is required.
- Knowledge of a broad range of environment and sustainable development issues is required.
- Work experience with the Agenda 2030, Sustainable Development Goals implementation and experience in the UN system is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.