Deadline: 5 March 2020
WWF is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Manager – Climate Adaptation in New Delhi, India.
WWF-India’s mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Senior Manager – Climate Adaptation will perform the following functions-
- Provide expertise on climate change adaptation issues that have an impact on the people and wildlife in priority ecosystems and landscapes of WWF-India, as well as build understanding and awareness of these among key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Enhance understanding and build capacity within WWF-India on climate change adaptation-
- To enhance understanding and build capacity of WWF-India’s inter-disciplinary team to design and implement climate change adaptation projects in priority landscapes and cities
- To facilitate integration of climate risks in WWF’s interventions in various landscapes, including Himalayan region, Central India, coastal areas and the Ganga basin.
- Assist in developing the adaptation portfolio, by developing proposals and concepts as well as consultations for raising funds
- Initiate discussions with relevant stakeholders in the states to facilitate mainstreaming of climate change adaptation in policies and plans and develop into new programmes.
- Strengthen networking and build collaborations with relevant stakeholders, including research institutions working in this domain.
- Act as the focal person to coordinate with the WWF International network on climate change adaptation.
- Offer informed policy advise on climate finance, mainstreaming climate change adaptation into governance mechanisms.
- Engage and build constituency with private sector and multi-lateral / bilateral donors in building the climate change adaptation portfolio.
- Work closely with the other teams across WWF India and build synergies and enable embedding of climate informed programme planning and development of climate informed conservation strategies.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Climate Science / Natural Resource Management / Environmental Science / Natural Sciences or related disciplines, from a recognized university.
- M. Tech in Environment Engineering / Climate Change / Natural Resources or related disciplines, from a recognized university.
- M.Phil./ Ph.D in any of the above mentioned disciplines, with focus on climate change.
- 6-8 year’s of relevant work experience after completion of Master’s Degree is required. Those with higher qualification (Ph.D.) could be considered with 2-4 year’s of work experience.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Proven expertise in technical report writing.
- Good communication, project execution & planning skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders in the climate change domain,particularly in adaptation related issues.
- Prior experience of proposal development and establishing a new vertical or programme within an organization.
- Ability and willingness to participate in community-based field work and travel extensively.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning applicant’s full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references via email at the address given on the website “Senior Manager – Climate Adaptation”, in the subject line.
For more information, visit WWF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.