Deadline: 11 June 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Natural Resources Management Specialist in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Natural Resources Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Carry out in-depth technical assessments of environmental and natural resource management issues in Indonesia, with a focus on oceans, coastal and aquatic management, and climate resilience.
- Conduct natural resource policy dialogue and manage effective communication with government and other partners (NGOs, the private sector, international organizations, and more) related to the Bank’s natural resources and environment portfolio.
- This includes coordination with other financiers, and review of sector policies, strategies, and legislation.
- Lead and/or support the development and implementation of environment or natural resources operations, technical assistance or analytical work, including your preparation and participation in supervision missions.
- Develop a personal training program to stay on top of World Bank procedures, and environment and natural resources/climate change research and knowledge.
- Organize training or knowledge sharing events, and help the country office staff with various tasks specific to the management of the office.
- Lead and or produce input for and present major/complex reports, including the supervision, coordination and quality control of consultant reports.
- Work independently under the general direction of the Environment and Oceans Coordinators, and guide and mentor junior staff.
- Supply knowledge sharing, dissemination and awareness raising activities with key clients.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree (PhD or Master’s) in environment or natural resource economics/management, environmental science, engineering, fisheries or coastal management or related field is required.
- Minimum 8 years of full-time relevant professional experience in the environment/natural resources management field.
- Consistent track record in strategic engagement experience with multidisciplinary teams, and with senior-level NGOs, international organizations, development partners and/or government.
- Deep knowledge of oceans/coastal/fisheries/natural resources issues, policies, and institutions, as well as the social issues related to small-scale fishery and coastal settlement
- Understanding of the institutional complexities of coastal zone planning and management jurisdictions in Indonesia.
- Ability to work independently and with a team with limited supervision.
- Excellent English and Indonesian (Bahasa) language skills (writing, speaking, listening and reading).
- Strong social and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively, including to rural areas.
- Proven project management / operational skills and familiarity with Bank procedures and business practices, including the WBG safeguard policies, would be an advantage.
- Nationality of Indonesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.